Samsung's S.T.A.R. Program is a free service brought to you by Samsung for our business and consumer printer customers willing to take responsibility in helping to keep the environment clean. This environmentally conscious program safely reprocesses empty cartridges into their major usable component materials (plastics and resins, metals, non-metal materials, packaging cardboard, and other miscellaneous materials) and then makes those recovered materials available to the raw materials marketplace for reuse in new manufacturing for a range of products.
If you're a consumer, you can rest assured knowing that you're helping to make a positive impact on the environment. Follow these simple instructions to return an individual cartridge.
If you're a business customer, Samsung offers several free recycling service options to help make your business eco-friendly. Order a S.T.A.R. Office Collection Box or S.T.A.R. Return Label Pack.
Here is the S.T.A.R. Program return and recycling process:
- Return and collection of empty cartridges
- Sorting and separating of materials, plastics and resins, metals, non-metal materials, packaging cardboard, and other miscellaneous materials
- Shredding and/or melting, granulating of recovered materials; quality checks of processed materials
- Reuse of recovered materials in the production of new products
The Samsung S.T.A.R. program's firm promise is that every returned empty cartridge is safely and responsibly recycled; unlike some printer manufacturers' return programs, they are never incinerated or sent to landfills. Any materials that cannot be recycled are treated and disposed of in a way that causes minimal environmental impact. This ensures that the maximum value from each returned cartridge is obtained at the smallest environmental cost. Samsung is also researching how to reuse the recycled materials in the production of new cartridges or other products.
Thank you for joining us in serving our community and our world.
Individual Cartridge Returns for Consumers and Businesses:
Returning an empty Samsung cartridge is easier than ever:
- Reuse the shipping box from your new Samsung toner cartridge to package your used/empty toner cartridge. Be sure to seal it securely with shipping tape.
- Enter your contact information in the address form on the right. This return address information is required by the U.S. Postal Service for all packages.
- Press the "Submit and Print Label" button below the contact form. The following will happen:
Print and attach the SmartLabel® to your package and drop off the return anywhere in the U.S. Postal Service mail system.
- Your PC screen will refresh and a new section will appear below "What's Next?" This section will include a link to a web page with your processed SmartLabel®, now ready to print.
- You will also receive an email at the address you listed in the contact form; the email will include the link to a web page with your processed SmartLabel®, now ready to print.
IMPORTANT: It is against USPS regulations to photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel. Please generate a new SmartLabel for each return shipment.
Terms of Service:
S.T.A.R. USPS Smart Labels are offered as a free service to users of Samsung printers and genuine Samsung brand cartridges. The S.T.A.R. recycling program does not accept returns of compatible brand cartridges, non-Samsung brand cartridges, or remanufactured Samsung brand cartridges - and operates under Terms of Service which are listed below on this page. By requesting a Smart Label, you agree to Samsung´s Terms of Service for using a Smart Label and agree to only return empty genuine Samsung brand cartridges.
We encourage users to combine multiple empty cartridge returns in a single, larger box or to tape cartridges together as a unit using a single SmartLabel®. Sending multiple cartridges in one shipment saves energy and is good for the environment. Boxes must not exceed 30 lbs. in weight, and larger parcels that do not fit into a USPS Postal box may require drop-off at a Postal Service office.
IMPORTANT: It is against U.S. Postal Service regulations to photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®. Please generate a new SmartLabel® for each return shipment.
- Hand the S.T.A.R. return package to any of the over 200,000 U.S. Postal Service letter carriers.
- Drop the package in any USPS mailbox (over 175,000 USPS mailboxes nationwide)
- Leave the package in your outgoing USPS mail at work or home
- Bring the package to any US Postal Service office (over 32,000 U. S. offices nationwide)
- There's no need to stand in line! No additional postage or insurance is needed — this shipment is pre-paid by Samsung.
Cartridge Return Services for Business Users
Samsung's S.T.A.R. program offers several convenient return service options for business and commercial users who wish to send back their empty cartridges.
For volume users, we offer our S.T.A.R. Office Collection Box program. This free service provides easy-to-use collection and return containers that make recycling quick and convenient. Users simply deposit empty cartridges in the Collection Box. These boxes include pre-addressed, pre-paid shipping from anywhere in the U.S. via the U.S. Postal Service.
Office Collection Box Program Highlights/Benefits
- Designed for medium-to-large-volume users of Samsung printers and supplies
- Simplifies recycling by eliminating the need to repackage and label individual cartridge returns
- Free to use the program, including collection boxes, processing, and shipping both ways
- S.T.A.R. Office Collection Boxes can be used anywhere in the U.S.
- Simple, pre-addressed return shipping
- Easy ordering by completing the form on the right, using our 24/7 toll-free 800 number or through email (see below)
- Saves energy and simplifies recycling processes
- S.T.A.R. Office Collection Boxes are offered as a free service to users of Samsung printers and genuine Samsung brand cartridges. The S.T.A.R. recycling program does not accept returns of compatible brand cartridges, non-Samsung brand cartridges, or remanufactured Samsung brand cartridges - and operates under these Terms of Service.
- S.T.A.R. Office Collection Boxes may be used to return used Samsung laser printer imaging units (not whole printers) or photoconductor drums for responsible recycling.
There are two Office Collection Box sizes available:
- The Large Office Collection Box can hold 10 to 15 or more cartridges. This box may be ordered singly or in a five-pack.
- The Small Office Collection Box can hold 4 to 8 or more cartridges. This box may be ordered in a two-pack or a five-pack.
When an Office Collection Box is full, simply seal the Box and return it with your outgoing U.S. Postal Service business mail or schedule a free, next-day pick-up by a mail delivery carrier using this link: Click Here to Connect to USPS Carrier Pickup.
Note: S.T.A.R. Office Collection Boxes are intended for the return of empty toner cartridges and their packaging materials, or used imaging units and drums. Please DO NOT place any other products or materials for recycling in a S.T.A.R. Office Collection Box.
Samsung also offers pre-addressed, pre-paid, self-adhesive S.T.A.R. USPS SmartLabels® in packs of 5 (# RLP-STAR-5) for users wishing to use their own boxes to return cartridges. If using your own box for returns, please note these USPS Shipment Restrictions:
- The box must not exceed 30 lbs. in total weight.
- The box must be securely sealed with shipping tape (not string).
- The box must be an intact and shipping-capable container.
Ways to order SmartLabel® packs or Office Collection Boxes
- Complete and submit the Order form on the right:
- Large Office Collection Boxes may be ordered individually or in a pack of 5
- Request Box # CB-GPTRB-S (1 box)
- Request Box # CB-GPTRB-S5 (5 box pack)
- Small Office Collection Boxes may be ordered as follows:
- Boxes are shipped as either a two (2) or five (5) pack; no single box orders
- Two pack - 2 S.T.A.R Small Office Collection Boxes (two boxes), # CB-GPTRB-SH2
- Five Pack - 5 S.T.A.R Small Office Collection Boxes (five box pack), # CB-GPTRB-SH5
- You can also order Office Collection Boxes 24/7 by calling toll-free: 1-866-332-4160. Select the "Ordering Collection Box" option.
- Email Samsung@midpt.com and request a box using the order numbers shown above. Please include your contact name and company information, address, department/location, and a contact telephone number. Orders cannot be shipped without complete shipping information.
- IMPORTANT: Office Collection Boxes cannot be shipped to PO Boxes; we require a street address.
- My cartridge came with a FEDEX return label inside¦..what should I do?
- Note: Some older Samsung toner cartridges include pre-addressed FEDEX return labels. If your cartridge includes one of these labels, use it to return the empty cartridge using FEDEX; call FEDEX for a free commercial pickup at 1-888-777-6040 (toll-free). Have your label ready when you call.
- I am having problems printing a label from the website. Who should I contact?
- Some users have difficulty because of corporate security firewalls or a browser cache that needs refreshing. Simply use the "refresh" or "reload" function in your browser. Business users with an IT support department should contact them concerning this problem before contacting Samsung.
We also suggest you use a browser other than Internet Explorer Version 6 as users have frequently reported problems using that version of the Microsoft browser. Please upgrade your Internet Explorer browser to the current version.
Still unable to print a label? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, company, address, department/location, and a contact telephone number, and describe the problem.
- I am not a business. How do I order an Office Collection Box?
- Any user that consumes larger volumes of Samsung cartridges can use this program by ordering a Collection Box using the instructions above.
- What if I have an Office Collection Box and decide not to use it?
- Use the prepaid/pre-addressed return label included with the box to return the empty box. It will be reused or the cardboard will be recycled.
- Can I photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®?
- No. It is against U.S. Postal Service regulations to photocopy and reuse a SmartLabel®. Please generate a new SmartLabel® for each return shipment.
- I live outside the United States; can I use these S.T.A.R. services to recycle my cartridges?
- No. Please use this link to find the Samsung recycling services available in your country: http://www.samsung.com/printer/recycle/
Terms of Service
Samsung is pleased to offer you the opportunity to participate in its recycling and sustainability initiatives. Specifically, you are eligible to participate in the STAR Recycling Program ("STAR Program"), which includes a service, as set forth below, for the return of used Samsung toner cartridges. Because Samsung expends resources to offer the STAR Program, in order to participate, You ("You" or "Your") agree to accept these terms and conditions ("Terms") that apply to the STAR Program.
- The STAR Program is a free service which Samsung only offers to owners or end users ("User(s)") of Samsung laser printers, MFPs, or copiers ("Products").
- The STAR Program is offered to Users of Samsung Products only for the recycling of non-remanufactured authentic Samsung toner cartridges.
- By voluntarily using this service, You understand and agree that:
- The STAR Program does not include and Samsung is not responsible for the recycling of any toner cartridges other than non-remanufactured authentic Samsung toner cartridges.
- The recycling of any toner cartridges other than those noted above are the responsibility of the User.
- All materials submitted to the STAR Program will not be returned to You.
- You are solely responsible for the items you include for return in the STAR Program.
- You agree to not use STAR Program return labels or Office Collection Boxes for the return of non-authorized toner cartridges, including:
- Remanufactured cartridges of any kind.
- Non-Samsung brand cartridges of any kind.
- Compatible brand cartridges of any kind.
- Other electronic products, whether they are Samsung brand or other brands.
- If you violate these Terms, you understand and agree that Samsung reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to either:
- Terminate your participation in the STAR Program; or
- Invoice You or the company named in the STAR Program order form for any costs associated with the return and processing of non-authorized toner cartridges, and that the company and/or individual named in the STAR Program order form/label request is responsible for payment of those charges.
- If You violate these Terms, You understand that Samsung reserves the right to return to You or your company, at Your cost, any non-authorized toner cartridge returned to the S.TAR Program. Samsung will invoice You or the company named in the STAR Program order form for the actual shipping cost of the return shipment plus a handling charge.
- If You fail to pay the invoice submitted by Samsung or the costs and handling charges referenced above, you agree that Samsung may take all appropriate legal actions to enforce its rights under these Terms. You further agree that if Samsung is successful in any action against You, You and/or the company and/or individual named in the STAR Program order form shall pay Samsung's reasonable costs in enforcing its rights, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses.